As candidate for United States Representative in Missouri's 6th Congressional District, my platform shall be based on the following eight (8) principles:
1. Gather information about constituent priorities by effectively and efficiently utilizing technology (email, websites, Survey Monkey, pollsters), social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Blogger), telephone, and good old-fashioned leadership by walking around.
2. Dedicate my tenure strictly to constituents, ensuring Kansas City's Northland thrives economically, physically, politically, and emotionally, becoming a leader in benchmarking programs and fostering equality, diversity, compassion, dignity, and respect among constituents and between political parties.
3. Focus on attracting customer-friendly businesses and rewarding those who procure and hire locally, with proportional inclusion of Veteran-owned businesses as well as a focus on hiring Veterans, the disabled, and older workers. Caucasian males will have equal treatment commensurate with those benefits enjoyed by any and all EQUAL U.S. CITIZENS, no more, no less.
4. Create a team with enough resources to address bullying, harassment, abuse, discrimination, and retaliation in our homes, schools (pre-school through university), and workplace with a focus on prevention (proactive), not penalties (reactive). Make the Northland the kind of place where family members, neighbors, co-workers, and even complete strangers can live without fear and are able to thrive in a community that pulls together to defend our own and DOES NOT TOLERATE hurtful acts against our brothers and sisters. Criminalization of acts of abuse (bullying), discrimination (regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual preference, disability, veteran status, or other category currently protected by law), and retaliation while continuing to allow "civil" claims and legal pursuits against the perpetrators, "criminals", in order for victims to be "made whole", an nearly impossible task for someone who has experienced such evil, hostility, and ignorance at home, in school, or in the workplace.
5. Donate AT LEAST half of my government salary to charity and support deserving non-profits through the creation of an office offering education on "best practices" from skilled experts in the non-profit community, helping organizations thrive in their quest to help others.
6. Make myself available to constituents both in Washington D.C. and in Kansas City's Northland where I will maintain an office with an "open door" policy and helpful, respectful, constituent (customer) friendly staff where the words "no", "I can't", or "I don't know" are not in our vocabulary.
7. Protect the interests of our district to the maximum extent allowed by law while fostering teamwork and esprit de corps among fellow elected officials and government employees, working together, democrat - republican - independent alike, for the betterment of mankind, the Earth we live and depend on, and our district ... a place we are proud to call home and a community others admire and aspire to join.
8. I will accomplish these simple objectives through adherence to and a continuous focus on my personal CORE VALUES (in no particular order):
DIGNITY AND RESPECT
If you have questions, opinions, constructive criticism, concerns, or ideas, feel free to contact me at CombatCongressman@gmail.com or write to:
Thomas C. Sorrentino
105 East Street, Suite 14011
Kansas City, MO 64152
Bless you all and thank you for your support!
Please join me "ON THE FRONT LINES IN THE BATTLE AGAINST CORRUPTION, INSTITUTIONAL TERRORISM, APATHY, DISRESPECT, THE STATUS QUO, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, HATRED, AND BUREAUCRATIC BULLSHIT" ... FOLLOW ME TO VICTORY IN 2014!
Chris Sorrentino, LtCol, USAF (Ret)
"Integrity First, Honor Always!" - T.C. Sorrentin
Copyright 2013 - CombatCongressman, LLC & 3rd Wave Media Group, LLC - All Rights Reserved